How to use XCard
- Fixed the lookup page
- Removed the speech button because the online site that would
provide the speech functionality no longer exists
- Added gradient paint to the chart
- Changed the encoding of the translation page.
- Fixed a problem where an error wouldn't be displayed if the
wordlist couldn't be saved
- Fixed a problem with the translation function.
- Updated the site ceritifcate with XCard
- The French pronunciation is now working again
- New icons for XCard. Thank you WBCHUG for the free icons
- Fixed a problem where the directory or XCard was not retained
- Fixed the screen height so that the image displays nicely
- Fonts were changed to Helvetica. In the past some of the fonts
were Times and others were Helvetica.
- Clicking on the happy faces will either disable or enable a
category of words. This allows the student to focus on just one or
- Updated the certificates for all downloaded jar files. Now using
the Free Thawte Certificate
- Small changes to the translation of the buttons
- Updated the help page to point to the new web site
- Updated the Mac OS X screenshots
- Fixed a small bug where changing the accent character would erase
text to the right of the accented character
- Better Mac OS X Support. Now uses Apple Menubar
- Fixed a title display issue for the card screen
- Shortcuts added for opening, saving, and translation
- Added ù support so that où could be entered into XCard
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the word list
- Now uses UTF-8 internally for accented characters
- Faire expressions added to the default words list
- Saved vocabulary lists are now saved with an encoding of UTF-8.
This change provides support for other languages.
- UTF-8 support solves a bug with j2dk1.4.2_03 and encoding running
on Fedora Core 1